Friday, February 17, 2017

Happy Opening Day!


Well the 2017 college baseball season is finally here and like every other fan, I'm very excited.
Also excited to see how this blog develops. This is my first attempt at blogging. Depending on how this goes I may expand to other sports and leagues I'm interested in.
The basic reason for this blog is simply because I love watching, talking and writing about baseball. Growing up here in Greenville, I've followed Furman since I was a child and was blessed to get the chance to cover the program for a few years with The Greenville News.
If you're reading this you're probably already familiar with the links I have on this page, but just in case you aren't I highly recommend them.
Rudy Jones inspired this blog. His Palmetto State Baseball blog is basically the "Baseball Reference" of college baseball blogs for South Carolina. The work he does to cover college baseball in every corner of this state is truly remarkable.
Dan Scott is the voice of Furman athletics as the school's radio man for football, basketball and baseball. While he's excellent at all three, a listener to one of his baseball broadcasts can quickly realize the passion he has for it. He also hosts a show on Facebook live that typically broadcasts each weekday morning from 10 a.m.-11 a.m., which can be accessed with the link. He will have plenty of coverage of Furman baseball on the daily show throughout the season.
The other two links provided are for the official home of Furman athletics and Furman baseball. The job Furman SID Hunter Reid and his staff do at keeping Paladin fans informed is second to none. Part of the reason I love baseball, as well as other sports, is that I'm a self-admitted nerd when it comes to stats and Furman's are always up to date and in-depth.
While I won't be able to attend each Furman game this season, I will strive to keep the blog updated on a regular basis throughout. I'll be live tweeting the many games I do attend, so be sure to check in at my Twitter feed here or follow me @Scott_Keeler.
I hope you enjoy the blog this season.
Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment